This tutorial will take you to an easy to follow guide for installing Graphics Card Drivers on Windows 8 for experiencing the best display quality on your system.
Microsoft’s Windows 8 operating system will be installed in your computer without any hassle, if your PC has the basic Intel chipset drivers or other essential drivers. But if your PC has the graphics card installed, you would definitely require installing the graphics card drivers.
In the absence of graphics card driver, poor and slow graphics quality would be displayed and you will not be able to enjoy the ultimate experiences of Microsoft’s new Windows 8. Thus to experience the best display quality and screen resolution on your Windows 8 PC you would need to install the graphics card drivers.
To install graphics card drivers on Windows 8, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, find the graphics card model number and manufacturer, which can be easily done in case of a branded PC. You just have to check the computer model number and search on Internet about the graphics card details. In case of an assembled PC, the same can be obtained by running GPU-Z (utility to check the status and details of your computer’s graphics card) or manually through the Device Manager.
- Click on Start screen, select Desktop to launch the Internet Explorer.
- Go to the official graphics card manufacturer’s website Drivers section.
- Choose the Graphics card model number and select the Windows 8 version (32 bit or 64 bit) to find the drivers.
- Download the drivers as per your computer specifications. While doing so, remember that a 64-bit system will not work with a 32-bit driver.
- Once downloaded, click on the downloaded file to install graphics card drivers on Windows 8.
Once the graphics card driver is installed, an instant improvement in the quality of graphics, displaying of resolution options, and graphic card control panel option can also be checked.