We have found a new utility with the Cortana. You can use Cortana in your car using your car Bluetooth. If your car has Bluetooth facility with and in addition to this if you have a Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone with Cortana enabled, you can use it. The Cortana in car helps you in a lot of ways especially during your travel. You can get plenty of suggestions on nearby restaurants, hotels, banks, ATMs and so on. So let’s check out the steps below.
1. First of all turn on the Bluetooth on your Windows Phone 8.1. If you don’t know how to turn on Bluetooth, go to Settings and then tap on Bluetooth. Move the slider to the right to turn it on.
2. Next, you have to pair your phone with you car Bluetooth. If you know how to do it, then go on and if no then you have to consult your car user manual. There is no single procedure to do it. It varies for different models of cars.
3. When you have paired up the devices, you will need to mane a Phonebook entry for Cortana. So it’s kind of fun to call Cortana for any information. You will be instructed accordingly how to create an entry using a dummy phone number. You can use the number 555-555-9876.
4. Now you call Cortana. All you need to do is turn on tge voice command button on the side of the steering wheel and say “Call Cortana”. Procedures may vary but the overall outcome will be the same.
5. Now you can ask Cortana for a nearby restaurant, hotels, medicine shops, ATMs nearby. Hope you have a great experience.