I have been using Apple Mail as my primary email client for work on macOS for many years. So, it’s only obvious that I have plenty of emails stored on my Mac machine.
Recently, I decided to move from Mac to a Windows machine. For this, I also need to migrate data from my Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook email client on Windows. I exported all email messages from Apple Mail to an MBOX file. But, I didn’t know about any method that supports moving bulk emails (with multiple attachments) from Apple Mail MBOX file to Windows Outlook data file (PST).
I searched for manual workarounds and posted many queries on several tech forums online to find a solution to move Apple Mail data to Windows Outlook. I found many responses as solutions to perform the conversion manually but nothing worked for me. This is when I started searching for a MBOX converter tool and came across Stellar Converter for MBOX software. The software helped me convert the entire Apple Mail data to PST format in just a few clicks and without any data loss.
What I tried before using the Stellar Converter for MBOX Software?
As suggested on forums, I configured a Gmail account in Apple Mail, and moved all the email messages to a Gmail folder. Next, I configured the same Gmail account in Outlook on my Windows PC and it started fetching all the Apple Mail messages, added to the ‘Gmail’ folder. It took me several hours to perform the conversion, but I was disappointed to find several crucial attachments missing. Unfortunately, it didn’t prove a feasible solution for me.
I had already invested a lot of time in performing the conversion and didn’t want to waste any more time in the process. So, I decided to use a professional Apple Mail MBOX to PST Converter to ensure that all my Apple Mail data will get converted to Outlook PST file. After reading several positive reviews, I decided to give Stellar Converter for MBOX software a try. I am glad I did. The software matched up to my expectations and helped me perform the conversion with precision.
How I performed Apple Mail MBOX file conversion to PST by using the software?
I downloaded and installed the Stellar Converter for MBOX software on my Windows machine. When I launched the software, it took me to the main screen with the Select MBOX dialog box. In the dialog box, I selected ‘Apple Mail’ from the ‘Email Client’ list.
Figure 1 – Stellar Converter for MBOX Main Interface Screen
Next, I selected the Identity folder that I had moved from my Mac computer by clicking on the ‘Select Identity Folder’ button; and then, clicked ‘Convert’ to initiate the conversion process.
Figure 2 – Convert the Selected Identity Folder
The software quickly converted all email messages and displayed a preview of the converted messages in a three-pane window.
Figure 3 – Preview of Converted Mailbox
After verifying the accuracy of converted mailbox data, I clicked the ‘Save Converted File’ option on ‘Home’ menu. A ‘Save As’ dialog box appeared with several file saving options. I selected the New PST file option to save the converted email messages as a new PST file, and clicked ‘Next’.
Figure 4 – Multiple File Saving Options
From the ‘Choose Destination’ box that popped-up, I browsed and selected a location on the computer to save the PST file, and clicked ‘Save’.
Figure 5 – Select Destination of Converted PST File
The software took a couple of minutes, and displayed a message ‘Data Saved successfully’.
Figure 6 – Conversion Completed Message Box
Once conversion was complete, I imported my PST file into Outlook by using the Import and Export Wizard. Overall, the software helped me perform the migration in a smooth and seamless manner, without the need of technical monitoring.
What’s good about the software?
- Easy-to-Use Interface: A simple to use and easy to navigate interface which helps perform the conversion in just a few clicks.
- Converts Single or Multiple MBOX Mailboxes: Supports conversion of single as well as multiple MBOX mailboxes. You can batch convert multiple mailboxes in a single process.
- Free Preview of Convertible Mail Items: The software allows previewing convertible mail items before saving them for free. This feature is available in software’s free trial (demo) version.
- Advanced Filter Options: Provides advanced filter options such as ‘Date range’ to perform selective conversion of mailbox items.
- Multiple File Saving Options: Provides multiple file saving options. You can save the converted emails to a new or an existing PST file. Also, it allows saving MBOX file to other file formats such as EML and MSG.
- Multiple MBOX Email Clients: Supports conversion of multiple email clients such as Thunderbird, Entourage, Eudora, SeaMonkey, PocoMail, etc. to PST. So, once you have purchased the software it can also be used to perform migration from any other MBOX email client to PST.
What’s missing in the software?
- Support for exporting MBOX files to Office 365 is available in the software Technician version.
- Option to save converted files in RTF, PDF and HTML file formats is provided in the Technician version.
How Much Does Stellar Converter for MBOX Cost?
There is a free trial version of the software available. However, I purchased the software’s corporate license which I found to be reasonably priced considering the functionalities and features it offers. A technician version of the software is also available.
Check out the price of the Stellar MBOX to PST converter tool licenses listed below:
|Licenses (Plans) Available||Cost|
Stellar Converter for MBOX is a highly advanced and useful tool, if you want to migrate data from Apple Mail to Windows Outlook. The software can save the manual efforts and time required to complete the MBOX to PST conversion process. Also, it helps maintain data integrity of the converted mail items.