This tutorial will show you how to speed up Windows 8.
Your operating system may take more time at the time of start up because it has too much load of processes at the time of startup, at the time of copying a file your operating system may slow down because of unavailable buffer memory, when you are gaming you may suffer lag because of running of several unwanted application in the background. So, if you want to speed up your system’s performance you have to reduce the number of processes which get launched at the time of startup, clear your temporary memory files and close the unwanted applications running in the background.
These are the basic visible reasons for system slow down, there are many more reasons such as pre-set values of attributes in the Registry, etc.
Methods to speed up Windows 8
Disable unwanted startup programs :
1. Open the task manager, press Window + X buttons and click on Task Manager.
2. Go to startup tab, disable the applications which are unwanted at the time of startup. In my case Bittorrent, Adobe Updater, FixMyRegistry.exe are unwanted so I have disabled them.
3. Click OK.
Clean up buffer memory and unnecessary temporary files :
1. Open the Run window by pressing Window + R buttons, type “%temp%” and press Enter
2. Select all the files and delete them all.
3. Similarly open Run window again, type “temp” and press Enter.
4. Delete all the files.
5. Again open the Run window and type “prefetch” and press Enter.
6. Delete all the files.
7. Now, Open My Computer, right-click on your drive with the operating system (e.g C:\) and click on Properties,
over there you will find an option Disk Cleanup, click it and press OK when a new window appears.
Now, you have successfully cleaned the buffer memory of your system.
Reduce runtime services :
1. Open Run window by pressing Window + R buttons, type “msconfig” and press enter.
2. Now, go to Services tab, first click on the “Hide all Microsoft Services” and then deselect the services which are of no use to use at runtime and press OK.
Registry tweeks :
1. Open the Run window by pressing Window + R buttons, type “regedit” and press enter.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse. Double click on MouseHoverTime, in the Edit String window change the value from 50 to 100.
3. Again navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control. Double click on WaitToKillServiceTimeout and change the value in the Edit String window to something near 1000 and press Enter.
If you have completed all these steps successfully then your computer is clean and will work smoothly now. Now you may want to see some more tips to Fix slow Windows 8 PC.