When you use your computer too much, there is the tendency for it to overheat. When you try to run a very large program, or when you try to run a lot of programs at once, your computer will overheat.
Overheating should be avoided because it can cause your computer to run very slowly. Of course, overheating can cause damage to various computer parts as well. If you have a computer, you should do your best to keep it cool. Here are some ways on how to cool down your computer:
- Do not run a lot of programs at the same time – As mentioned earlier, your computer could overheat if you run a lot of programs at the same time. In the generation today, multi-tasking is very popular. But it is not ideal to open a lot of programs at the same time especially if your processor is not that good.
- Clean it regularly – Dirtiness is one of the main reasons why computers overheat. As you use your computer, dust, food bits, and other particles can find their way inside your computer and mess up with the airflow. Clean your computer regularly.
- Never remove the case of your computer – Removing the case of the computer is one of the most common mistakes that a lot of people commit. It is very common to think that cases block the air from cooling the computer parts. But it should be noted that the case also prevent dust from gathering near the computer parts. It is very ideal to keep the cases where they are.
- Do not suffocate it – People suffocate their computer sets by placing them in tight and compact areas. Do not place your computer near furniture and other items. Never place it very close to the wall as well. Allow it to breathe so that the parts will not overheat. Try placing your computer near the air conditioner or even an electric fan.
- Do not place it near hot appliances – Placing your computer near hot appliances and electronics is not advisable. Appliances and electronics blow hot air. Of course, you would not want hot air to get inside your computer. You want cool air. Aside from appliances and electronics, you should keep your computer away from the fireplace.
Follow these tips and your computer will not overheat. In case your machine overheats, you can always look for a technician which provides computer repair services.
Good article, and one that I was pleased to share.
Hi, Christopher thanks for your comment..
Nice article, another tip you could add is to avoid direct sunlight. Have seen many users shoot themselves in the foot because they left the PC near the window to expose it to fresh air thus cooling it but forget that the sun will be beaming down all day on it.
Shared the article on twitter, facebook, and google+
Hi, Tim, you are right.. thanx for adding this.
This is a push to me as sometime recieving complaint to end users with the kind of problem.