The following tutorial will give you the steps to run Android Apps in your Windows 10 Mobile. Before you start doing anything, I will provide you some basic warnings. Running Android apps in Windows 10 Mobile will require you to force flash your Windows 10 Mobile which will potentially harm your phone. In the worst case you Windows 10 Mobile might get bricked. So, if your Windows Phone is your only phone, then think thrice and more before following this.
Microsoft has expressed its plan to support Android apps in its Windows phone ecosystem. So some gadget freaks could finally bring out some ways to support Android appsin Windows 10 Mobile.
Right now only the below mentioned Windows Phone will support these steps:
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 925
Nokia Lumia 929 / Verizon Icon
Nokia Lumia 830
Nokia Lumia 930
Nokia Lumia 1520
Nokia Lumia 635 (1GB RAM variant)
Nokia Lumia 730
Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia Lumia 435
Nokia Lumia 928
1. Firstly, you need to download Android SDK’s ADB and wconnect tool. You can download them from here
2. After downloading, extract the files in the folder.
3. Open the folder wconnect, then install IpOverUsbInstaller.msi and vcredist_x86.exe
4. Now go to Settings of your Windows 10 Mobile Phone. Navigate to Update & Security and then to For Developers.
5. Turn on the Developers Mode and the Device Discovery.
6. Next, you have to open the wconnect folder which you have already extracted.
7. Now press Shift + Right click to open the elevated Command Prompt.
8. Now connect the phone using the USB method. Here’s how to do it:
a. Type wconnect.exe usb and hit enter.
b. Next, it’ll ask for the pairing code, enter the code and hit enter.
c. Navigate to the extracted adb folder and open an elevated command prompt.
9. Check if your device is connected. To check, type adb devices and hit enter to show the list of devices that are connected.
10. Finally, place the APK file that you want to install on the same directory (adb folder) and type in adb install APKNAME.apk (replace APKNAME with the APK file’s name)
There you go! Comment below if you have tried this, share your views and subscribe.