Poison is a common potion in Minecraft game. Players may get poisoned from different elements of different biomes. For e.g., if a player consumes any rotted meat by mistake, when dropped after killing a zombie, the player is likely to be poisoned. A player can also get poisoned if he/she comes in close proximity with a witch of its hut. The witch or the hut can throw poison at you.
There are different types of poisons, such as, Potion of Poison, Splash Potion of Poison and Lingering Potion of Poison. If a player drink Potion of Poison, then his health will drain gradually and slowly. The Splash potion of Poison also has the same effect, but you can use it on other players. The Lingering Potion of Poison produces a cloud, which gives a poison effect to any player who touches it.
Ingredients Needed To Make Potion of Poison
- A Crafting Table (craft with 4 Wood Planks)
- A Brewing Stand (craft with 1 Blaze Rod and 3 Cobblestones)
- 1 Blaze Powder (craft with 1 Blaze Rod)
- 1 Netherwart
- 1 Spider Eye
- 1 Water Bottle
The Potion of Poison isn’t very strong by itself. Thus, you need to upgrade it with the following ingredients:
- Dragon’s Breath
- Glowstone Dust
Also Read: How to find my friends on Minecraft?
How to Make a Poison Potion in Minecraft
1. First, craft Blaze powder with a Blaze Rod.
2. Next, craft a Crafting Table with four wood planks. Any type pf plank can be used, such as, crimson planks, warped planks, etc.
3. Now place the crafting tool on the ground. Open it to access the 3×3 crafting grid.
4. Craft a Brewing Stand and add a Blaze Rod to the middle of the top row and three Cobblestones in the middle row.
5. After that, place the brewing stand on the ground. You have to access the brewing menu. To do that, simply open the brewing stand.
6. Add a Blaze Powder to the upper-left box to activate your Brewing Stand.
7. Add a Water Bottle to one of the three bottom boxes of the brewing menu.
8. Add a Nether Wart to the top box.
9. The brewing will take some time. Wait for the process to complete.
10. After brewing is done, an Awkward potion is formed with no power to harm.
11. Add a Spider Eye to the top box in the brewing menu.
12. After brewing is complete, you will get Potion of Poison.
How to Make a Splash Potion of Poison in Minecraft
You can use Splash Potion of Poison on other players to reduce their health, as also as defense. To make a Splash Potion of Poison, simply add Gunpowder to the top box in the brewing menu and a regular Potion of Poison to one of the bottom boxes.
To make a Splash Potion of Poison II, use a Potion of Poison II instead.
How to Make a Lingering Potion of Poison
To create a Lingering Potion of Poison, just add Dragon’s Breath to the top box in the brewing menu and a Splash Potion of Poison to one of the bottom boxes.