As you have noticed that Windows devices emit a sound to notify users of the occurrence of certain events on their computer. This feature helps us to identify an event with its unique sound. For example, at the time of startup a particular sound is played, while shutting down another sound is played. Each version of Windows has its uniqueness and the sound changes from version to version. Nowadays, various theme packages are available which can be applied on Windows PC them both the color and sound schemes can be changed completely. There is a provision to assign a different sound or the same sound to the important functions of the computer like notifications, critical battery alert, task completion, calendar event.
Sometimes, you need to record music or use your PC for music production. In that case, unwanted beeps and notification sounds are unwelcoming. Hence, you can turn off the system sound.
Steps To Disable System Sounds In Windows 10
1. First of all, open Control Panel. For Windows 10, you can simply search Control Panel in the Cortana search panel.
2. Now go to System and Security.
3. Search for Sound in the Control Panel search bar. Go To Sound.
4. Next, click on the Sound tab.
5. Select the drop-down box of Sound scheme and select No Sound. Click Apply and OK.