This article aims to show you how to delete pagefile.sys in windows 8. Basically pagefile.sys is a Virtual Memory File stored on your local hard drive. pagefile.sys or page file acts as a very important agent to speed up your computer as they are an add-on to the primary memory on which the system process runs.
Page files work along with the primary memory. The stagnant data placed are transferred to the secondary memory in the form of page files. These data are swapped back when needed by the primary memory again.
You can delete these files when you need some extra memory because they won’t harm your data in any way until and unless you have saved your unsaved data but windows doesn’t recommend to delete these files.
A very large chunk of pagefile.sys may slow down your system.
Follow a few simple steps to remove pagefile.sys from your secondary memory
Steps to remove pagefile.sys in windows 8
1. Go to Computer Properties.
2. Now, Go to Advanced System Settings.
3. Under the Advanced tab select the Performance Settings option.
4. Again in the Performance Options select the Advanced tab.
5. Click on the Change button.
6. In the Virtual Memory window uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option.
7. Select the No paging file radio button and click Set then press OK.
8. To apply these settings finally reboot your system.
After the computer restarts you will be free from pagefile.sys.