Windows 10 Build 18343 is here on Fast Ring. There are nothing new in this Build except some big fixes. As we all know Fast Ring Builds are meant for development and testing purposes, and hence, the Builds are crude and contain several bugs. Every new Build on the Fast Ring comes with some issues of the previous Builds fixed, some new bugs and some new features. Build 18342, released just two days before 18343 on Fast Ring had some severe issues. Microsoft excluded several machines running Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 and Model 158 chipsets due to a problem with Connected Standby. This issue, has been met with, on this Build.
The bugs, which have been fixed in Build 18343, are:
- We fixed the Connected Standby issue that resulted in us blocking PCs with Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 and Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 processor model. If your PC was unable to take Build 18342 from earlier this week due to having one of these processor models, you should be able to take this flight!
- We fixed the issue that required an additional reboot when performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled.
There are many known issues like always. Some are from 18342 Build, which have made their way without being fixed:
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- We’re continuing to investigate reported issues in the night light space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the Narrator settings, Settings app crashes.
- Mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- We’re investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
Another known issue for the developers to recognize:
If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
The Build bring absolutely zero new features!