Windows 10 has incorporated the ability to watch videos in a mini view mode with the Windows 10 Creators Update. The Mini View, as of now, only works for the Windows 10 Universal Apps like Movies & TV app, the Groove app etc. When you enable Mini view for the above mentioned apps, the video player is downgraded to a small size player. You can then pin the mini view video to the top of your screen. One of the most important utility features is multi tasking. You can pin a video in Mini View and continue working on your Windows 10 PC while listening to music etc. But as you know, Mini View is not constrained to be viewed with only Windows Universal Apps. You can watch videos from other sources like YouTube, Netflix and Hulu in mini view on Windows 10.
Users will be truly delighted when Windows 10 will add the feature officially for these applications. But now, it is restricted to Windows 10 Apps only. But you can still enjoy this facility. Compact View is a free Windows app that fills this requirement. It lets you watch YouTube, Hulu, and Neflix in mini view. Compact View is a web app that supports the mini view for many applications. If you want to watch videos in Mini view, then first visit its websites. You have to visit the website you want to watch inside this app, and play a video. You can then switch to the mini view.
Watching Netflix In Mini View
1. Open Compact view web site. By default, it leads you to Netflix.
2. Next, you have to login to your account and select any video.
3. Then, click the compact view button in the title bar to switch to the mini view.
Watch YouTube And Hulu In Mini View
If you want to watch YouTube and Hulu in Mini view, then follow the steps:
1. Navigating to a different website isn’t that simple. Click the URL bar at the top.
2. Enter the URL of the video you want to watch. You can simply visit YouTube, or Hulu. Play a video in full screen and then switch to the mini view.
The web app is buggy and may not work everytime as expected. So this is a con despite the utility of the app.