This article aims to show you how to delete pagefile.sys in windows 10. Basically pagefile.sys is a Virtual Memory File stored on your local hard drive. pagefile.sys or page file acts as a very important agent to speed up your computer as they are an add-on to the primary memory on which the system process runs.
Page files work along with the primary memory. The stagnant data placed are transferred to the secondary memory in the form of page files. These data are swapped back when needed by the primary memory again.
You can delete these files when you need some extra memory because they won’t harm your data in any way until and unless you have saved your unsaved data but windows doesn’t recommend to delete these files.
A very large chunk of pagefile.sys may slow down your system.
Follow a few simple steps to remove pagefile.sys from your secondary memory
Steps to remove pagefile.sys in windows 10
1. Open Cortana. In the search panel type Control Panel. Select the Control Panel application from the search results.
2. Next, go to System and Security.
3. Go to System.
4. Next, click on Advanced System Settings located on the left panel.
3. Under the Advanced tab, select the Performance Settings option.
4. The Performance Options open and select the Advanced tab. Under the Virtual memory options, click on Change.
5. There is an option “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives:. This option is turned on. Uncheck the option.
6. Select the No paging file radio button and click Set then press OK.
8. Click OK and then Apply to save changes. To apply these settings finally reboot your system.