When you are writing essays for university admission or your university assignment, you have approximately 3000 words and a lot of time to complete. But thanks to the eternal instinct of procrastination and delay, you start writing the essay just a day or two before the deadline. Some students say that they get an amazing urge and inspiration just before the deadline.
We always recommend that students should take considerable time for completing an essay. Repeated revisions make your essay more polished. You can incorporate more information and ameliorate your essay to a great extent. Completing an essay in one day will definitely not have the same quality as an essay written with time and patience. But the big question for you becomes completing the essay in such small time.
Completing a 3000 word essay in just one day? Is it possible? The answer is yes only if you are willing to religiously follow the following tips. If you are concerned about the quality of the essay, well, all we can say, you can be proud of your essay only if you decide to give you essay the time and dedication it deserves.
Remember in one day, no procrastination and no lag! The last day is vital and it often gives student panic and anxiety.
Start Your Day Healthy
The best thing for a fresh mind is a wholesome breakfast and a refreshing cup of tea. Do not skip your meals for the sake of writing essay. It won’t help you out. Rather, it would cause fatigue, indigestion, headache and many other factors that will refrain you from achieving your goal. The best drink to beat lethargy is tea. You can try various types of tea like lemon tea, green tea, cinnamon tea, milk tea. Eat a plate full of breakfast which should contain all vital nutrients. Some idea of breakfasts that are quick to make and healthy are: veggie sticks, a bowl full of green salad, chicken or veggie sandwich, oats cookies, asparagus, sunny side up eggs, baked salmon, etc. Now that you have completed your breakfast, grab some nutribars and chocobars so that you can have them amid writing your essay. If you are using Windows 10, you can ask Cortana for some easy-to-make breakfast recipes and you will get sorted.
Create The Perfect Ambience of Work Station
Choose a quiet place for your work. Definitely, you must not arrange your workstation in your living room or where your family members are having a chat. Remain in solitude for atleast one day.
Plan! Plan! Plan!
There is a famous quote: “A goal without a plan is just a wish”. So, if you are not planning, you aren’t going to make up to the end. Start by chalking out a plan. Here are some important tips:
- Time management is the most important aspect of achieving a goal. Remember, you have missed managing time by procrastinating. You cannot afford to repeat this!
- First check your topic and think about it! Then read your reference material either from books or from internet to see if your thoughts are concurring with that written on the study material.
- Now break the entire topic into small blocks. Study each block, write them down on your notepad. There are numerous websites that can guide you to write a perfect essay.
- You have to complete a single block within the time slot you allotted. For Windows 10 users, ask Cortana to set a warning alarm five minutes before the deadline of completion of a single block. You can set the alarm as follows:
- 9:00 – 10:00 – Choose the topic, spend time on relevant materials, arguments, constructive criticism.
- 10:00 – 12:00 – Write a full outline/plan of your essay. Divide the essay into blocks.
- 12:00-12:30: – Lunch break
- 13:00 – 13:30 – Write a powerful introduction
- 13:30 – 14:00 – Write the first two blocks.
- 14:00 – 16:00 – Write the next three blocks.
- 16:00-16:10 – Time for some oats cookies and fruits!
- 16:10 – 18:10 – Complete the remaining blocks or modules.
- 18:10-18:30 – Tea or Coffee break.
- 18:30- 20:30 – Complete with a powerful gripping conclusion. Arrange all modules, edit them and improve them by reading multiple times.
- 20:30 – 20:40 – Time for some muffins!
- 20:30 – 22:00 – Spend time searching quotes to back up your essay.
- 22:00-22:30 – Dinner time.
- 22:30- 23:00– A final read
- 23:00- Print and be ready
Detach Yourself From the Outside for Just 1 Day
You must refrain from using social media- the biggest cheater. If you have Windows 10, you can turn on Focus Assist so that you are not distracted for this one day. To know about using focus assist on Windows 10, click here.
That’s all! Hope you found this article helpful.