Generally, files have become an important part of our cherished possession simply because of how extremely valuable they are to us. As a frequent Universal Serial Bus (USB) user, you will agree with the opinion that a file loss issue is mostly an unavoidable occurrence to encounter which might happen as a result of a virus attack or accidental deletion by the user since we are all humans who are likely to make mistakes.
Fortunately, you can recover deleted files from usb swiftly by following the right data recovery process. Let’s go.
Part 1: Why USB Data Loss?
There are several reasons that can cause a USB data loss even without a prior warning or notification. The numerous reasons why a USB data loss can occur are pinpointed below:
- Deleting of data/file accidentally
- Virus attack
- Failure of hardware
- Unbefitting conditions
- Fragmentation of data
In order to achieve that regardless of what caused the USB data loss, you need to ensure that some things are done to guarantee a smooth and successful process to recover deleted files from usb drive. These are what you need to do:
- Once you discover that your data has been deleted or lost, then stop the use of your USB flash drive immediately.
- If you are yet to begin the data recovery process, do not hesitate to disconnect from your PC the USB flash drive and keep it secure somewhere.
- Prevent the copying of data from the USB to a new location to avoid a permanent loss of data.
Now, let’s proceed to how to recover deleted files from usb with the use of software and without software. So let’s dive right in.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Files from USB with the Best USB Recovery Software
To easily recover all your lost data from USB, you can free try the best USB data recovery software-Tenorshare 4DDiG to recover deleted files from usb drive in record time.
Below are Tenorshare 4DDiG exceptional features which make it the most befitting file and data recovery software for use:
- Tenorshare 4DDiG is an all-in-one solution to recover deleted files from usb and other devices, including SD card, external hard drive, and so on
- It supports various different scenarios, be like, accidental deletion, formatted, virus attack, system crack, and so on
- 4DDiG can help users recover over 1000+ file types, including photos, music, videos, word, excel,. etc
Follow the step-by-step guide below to recover deleted files from usb with Tenorshare 4DDiG in a jiffy:
Firstly, get Tenorshare 4DDiG and install it. Then launch 4DDiG and connect your USB flash drive or any other external hard drive you may have to your laptop or PC to locate exactly where the lost file occurred. After that, choose the USB flash drive to start scanning.
Therefore, select the kind of files you would like to scan and click on “Scan Selected File Types” to start scanning the USB flash drive. Also, you can even scan all file types.
In the process of scanning the USB flash drive, Tenorshare 4DDiG checks the USB for any lost file, and you can stop the scanning once you have seen the files you want to restore or recover. You will notice categories such as Deleted Files, Existing Files, Lost Location, RAW Files, and Tag Files which are located under the Tree View. Moreover, you can navigate to the File View to have a look at several file types like Video, Photo, Document, etc. You can as well filter your search too or search for target files.
Finally, after you have discovered the target files, then the next thing is to preview and recover the files to a location that is safe. Avoid saving to the same partition where the file loss occurred so as to prevent permanent data loss and disk
Part 3: How to Restore Deleted Files from USB without Software?
As far as data or file recovery is concerned, you can recover lost files through the use of software and also without software. So follow closely to know how to recover deleted files from usb without software below:
- Restore Deleted Files from USB with CMD
The CMD method which is also known as Command Prompt is a file recovery method that doesn’t require you to download any third party tools to get started for use. The instructions below will guide you to restore deleted files from USB with CMD:
- Insert the USB flash drive to your PC or laptop USB port. Open the Start menu and input “cmd”, then hit the Enter key button.
- Input “chkdsk X: /f” in Command Prompt window, so hit the Enter key button on your keyboard again. Ensure you replace the letter X above with the specific letter of your USB flash drive.
- Finally, input “ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D X:*.*”, then hit the Enter key button. Once again, replace the letter X with the specific letter of your USB flash drive and wait for the process to be completely done.
If the process was completely done successfully, the deleted files should be located on a new folder being created in your Universal Serial Bus (USB) flash drive.
- Recover USB Deleted Files from Previous Versions
You can also recover your lost files from previous versions, but this method works only if it has been permitted right before your files got deleted.
Follow the steps below to know how to recover deleted files from usb flash drive:
- Insert the USB flash drive to your PC or laptop USB port. Open the Start menu and input “This pc”, then hit the Enter key button.
- Locate your USB flash drive and right click on it, then choose “Properties”.
- Navigate to the “Previous Versions” tab, then have a look at the listed recovery options that are available.
- Finally, choose a previous version, then click on “Restore” which is located at almost the bottom right corner.
In case you didn’t see any previous versions, this means this method can’t be used to recover deleted files from usb. So try another method.
- Retrieve Deleted Files from USB from Windows Backups
You can retrieve deleted files from USB from Windows Backup if you turned on the Windows Backup before.
- Step 1:
Firstly, open the Control Panel, navigate to “System and Maintenance”, then choose “Backup and Restore (Windows 7)”.
- Step 2:
The next step is to select Restore my files.
- Step 3:
Select “Browse for folders” or “Browse for files” to choose the initial backup created.
- Step 4:
Select a location to store the backup In the following location or In the original location. Preferably, you can even choose “Copy and Replace” or “Don’t copy” or “Copy, but keep both files” depending on what you want.
Finally, let the retrieving process be completely done. After that, all your lost files or folder will be shown on your laptop/PC at the new or original location.
You can’t deny the fact that you have gained a lot in this article regarding how to recover deleted files from usb with and without software usage. Luckily, the best USB recovery software known as Tenorshare 4DDiG is being recommended to you for all kinds of data recovery scenarios you might encounter so you don’t have to undergo any stress ever again. So what are you waiting for? Get Tenorshare 4DDiG today to solve any file and data recovery issues.