Minecraft is an interesting and globally popular game from Microsoft. It is an open world game which can be played with multiple players over online servers. Much before, Minecraft players had to create a Mojang account for purchasing the game. But ever since, Microsoft purchased Minecraft, users need to have a Microsoft account for playing Minecraft. Microsoft Live account for Xbox service is same as the Minecraft login account. So, you can connect with other players now. In this article, I will show you how to add friends on Minecraft.
How to find friends on Minecraft?
If you are not interested in playing with strangers, and only prefer to play with friends, then you have to find them and get them on the same server as yours.
Method 1: Share The Server
Although there are many ways to add your friends on Minecraft, the simplest process is by adding them on the same server. Just, share the server with your contacts. This will not add your friends to your list, but you can play together on the same server.
Method 2: Find Gamer Tags
Friends can also be added using gamer tags. Gamer tags can be obtained from the Xbox app. All Microsoft Live accounts have game tags and using the tag, you can invite your friends. Ask your friends their respective gamer tags. With all the gamer tags of your friends, invite them to play Minecraft, or add them on Xbox app. You can create Xbox account, even if you do not own an Xbox.
Next, follow the steps below:
- Open the Xbox app, and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Next, go to the Social tab, enter your friend’s gamer tag in the search panel.
- Select your friend, and click on Follow. Ask your friend to follow you back.
- Once you start following each other, the other person will appear as a friend.
Method 3: Add friends on Minecraft
- Open Minecraft, and choose a world. Once the world is loaded, go to world’s Settings.
- In the right pane, click on invite to game button.
- Select a friend from the list and send the invite.
Method 4: Invite them directly in Minecraft
- Open Minecraft, choose a world.
- After the world is loaded, exit from the game’s settings.
- Select a world to play in.
- Click on the Invite to game button.
- Click Add friend.
- Enter your friend’s gamer tag.
- Send the invite.