Most of us, who are aware of the latest news on technology and gadgets, are accustomed to the term Cortana by now. Cortana is the voice command enabled personal digital assistant of Windows OS which first came with Windows Phone 8.1. Later on it came to Windows PC operating system with WIndows 10. Now Cortana in Windows 10 has a plethora of features and customization options. Cortana is powered by Bing search, and whatever you search and browse using Cortana, Bing keeps track of the data so that it can serve you better next time. Bing records all that you have kept Favourites in Bing, MSN and Cortana. When you enable Cortana on your Windows 10 PC or tablet, the Bing uploads some information like calender, contacts, location, browsing history, personalized speech, typing and inking across all your Windows devices. This helps in improving the suggestions, recommendations that you get from Cortana. If you do not want Bing to track your information, then you can clear it. You have the full freedom to manage how your Cortana will know about your data in the cloud. This tutorial will help you to clear what Cortana knows about you in the cloud.
Steps to manage what Cortana knows about you in the cloud
1. First open the search panel of Windows 10, then tap on the Settings gear icon on the left and then go to Manage What Cortana knows about me in the cloud.
2. Now if you have not signed in to your Bing account, Bing will ask you to Sign in.
3. You will be directed to the Microsoft account login page. Enter your login credentials and sign in.
4. If you want to clear information about your saved Favorites and interests, tap on Clear under Interests.
5. If you want to remove other Cortana data, personalized speech etc, then tap Clear under Other Cortana Data and Personalized Speech, Inking and Typing.