Windows 10 for Mobile is not yet fully cooked and may not be suitable for many users as their daily driver. But if you are one of the Windows Phone fanatics and can’t wait for the latest build of Windows 10 mobile, go through the steps mentioned below to upgrade your Windows 8.1 phone to Windows 10.
First of all make sure that your Windows Phone meets the requirements for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview, otherwise you may end up with a bricked phone. For Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview your Windows Phone’s current OS should be Windows 8.1 (Settings > About > More info) and the Phone should have at least 8 GB of internal storage. You may also check the Updated list of Supported Windows Phones to make sure that your Windows phone is in that list.
Steps to Update your Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10
1. Make sure you have already Signed up for the Windows Insider Program.
2. Install Windows Insider from Windows Store and launch the application.
3. Now, tap on “Get Preview Builds”.
4. If you have already enrolled for Insider Program and your Phone Supports Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview you will able to see it here. Tap on Arrow.
5. Now, you have to tap on “accept” to proceed further. Your device will be rebooted.
6. Now, wait for some time or manually check for new update. Windows 10 update will appear, start downloading it. Once It gets completed tap to start the installation.