This article will help you to Change the DPI for Modern UI in Windows 8. Windows 8 can be run on a wide variety of gadgets with varying sizes. So the size of the Start Screen tiles gets either too big or too small in different smartphones, tablets and TVs. Scaling down or up the application size is a good idea to overcome this problem. This is done via the registry editor and in case the scaling key does not exits, we have to create it and then change the value to make that tiles bigger or smaller.
Special precautions must be taken to ensure that the scaling does not corrupt Windows, so modification must be carefully done. The following tutorial will help you to change the DPI scaling or Dots per inch scaling to increase or decrease resolution of the monitor.
Steps to Change the DPI for Modern UI in Windows 8
1. Open Run window (Windows+R) and type regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor. If prompted bu UAC, click Yes to continue.
2. Next navigate to the following location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Scaling. You may not have the scaling key by default. So click on Explorer and right click and go to New and select Key.
3. Name it as scaling and a new key is being generated.
4. Now in the empty space in the right pane, right click-> New and then click String Value.
5. Double click on the new string value and change the value to your desired one. Close the registry editor.